Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ahead of Schedule

April 16, 2014

So I wrote in my planning document that I would only work on backgrounds today but I finished trees pretty quickly so I'm going to start animating after I paste in all of the parts of the puppets which is much harder than I thought it was going to be. But I really like the look of it and I'm really excited to see how it works in the 3D program after I'm done animating. I think that after today's class, animating should only take me all weekend, especially since we have Monday off. And I am going to my girlfriends for easter but she nows how much animator homework there is so I think she will be ok with me bringing my stuff to work on.


I have two of the three puppet in the program with the trees in the background for reference. They will get their own separate movie file when I'm done because they are pretty much the only thing on the other layers. I will mostly be focusing on this project along with my experimental film because 2D is giving me very little homework for the next class today so that's exciting. I really love how this looks even from just the screen shot so I'm going to work really hard on this project so that I can have most of it done for Wednesday and I can test render and make sure that everything is alright. I think it shouldn't be more than a minute or two long which is great. I'm not sure how the rendering in scenes will go, but I will try to see how it will go. I always like making one big file for whatever reason, it doesn't make any actual sense but in my brain it makes so much more sense than making little files, and I think it's because then I can see it all together.

Also I love this so much I think this is what I'm going to do all summer when I'm not busy working and trying to build myself a new computer so that I can actually animate on lots of different programs without it crashing. (My computer just started doing that but it is almost 4 years old now, although not as old as these machines). The cutouts are super fun and I can't wait to animate it. But I really need a snack or something because I'm starving so I'll be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment