Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I did it!!!

March 19, 2014

So I figured out how to make it fit correctly in the cylinder. I don't remember exactly how I did it. I could do it again with some tinkering but I have a hard time explaining what I did... But anyways it looks really nice now. I also go the churner to rotate within the cylinder at the speed I want it to. I'm going to post the preview I made on here too. I now have to work on collision properties so I'm probably going to look at some stuff online before I try it out on my churner thing. So I'm pretty much on schedule because I figured it would take about four hours to figure all this out and it's taken about 3 so far which isn't that bad considering all of the muddling around I did. So next I have to create a metal box and a chute for the liquid to "go in", where the cheese will come out. I will probably put a light of some kind on the outside which shouldn't take anywhere near as long as this is which is great. I actually really like this so I don't mind doing it for hours and this weekend I have a lot of time because I am only working 7-12 on Saturday which is a first for me. Making the wheel of cheese I said would take about 20 minutes but it's really going to take like 2 seconds because it's just a rounded cylinder so that shouldn't be a problem. I think the cutting and wrapping tools are what's going to take the most amount of time because they are just going to be kind of complicated. The cutting tool is going to be a robot arm but I'm not sure what the wrapper is going to be yet, or how I'm going to make something look like thin plastic. I think I might be able to use some of the tools I learned with the liquid for that though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjdky4VT90U&feature=youtu.be

Here's the test render. I have to figure out how the effectors can make the liquid and the churner react so that might take the remainder of class or longer. But I will get that done and then continue onwards. I'm really upset with myself that I left my external hard drive at home though so I have to be careful with all of the room I use, although I have two flashdrives. Anyways, I'm going to take a small break and then come back.

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment