Monday, March 17, 2014

Animating liquid

March 17, 2014

So I figured out how to animate liquid by watching a tutorial and it was actually really fun. That was pretty much the only difficult thing I was really concerned about but it's much easier than I thought it would be. I'm rendering a preview now so that I can upload it. It actually looks pretty good so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep this and now make another one. I have to fix the churner inside the actual cylinder but that's really easy so I'm excited about that. I have to storyboard out the whole thing but I figured out all of the parts of the factory that I want. Here's the tutorial I used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqvhpoXyUg

It was really helpful and simple, although I had to stop a few times when the guy was talking too fast for me to keep up. And youtube is being a terrible website so I'm going to try and make a vimeo real quick because god forbid that youtube should be able to upload a mov file. And my file is apparently too small so I'm just going to give you the link from my google drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4NiKe3jEJY&feature=youtu.be


Just kidding I got youtube to work finally.

So there is my liquid test, I really like it at the moment. I have to fix the arm inside the cylinder but other than that I have a good portion of my project done. I should really storyboard but I hate storyboarding so I'm going to put that off until tonight or tomorrow. But I have a decent test that I like.

Mine won't preview anymore which is kind of really annoying me. I also need to figure out how to contain the liquid inside the cylinder. But then I have to attach a tube and metal box and the conveyer belt will bring the cheese down to be cut and such. I think I figured out that I can use the knife tool to cut the wheel of cheese and I want the platform to rotate so the arm makes the same motion a few times. And then I'm going to have to figure out how to make really thin plastic material for the wrapping and how I want to do that exactly since each piece is wrapped separately.

Also I realized I left my external hard drive at home which sucks but I have flash drives and I think everything is saved onto computers so it doesn't really matter much to me. But it kind of sucks because it has such a nice file space and I can't figure out where I could have put it.

Anyways, that's what I did today. I sketched all of the steps in my sketchbook and worked on the liquid animation, which I will continue to work on today or tomorrow depending. I also have to do the word play animation but now that I know how to do liquid it will be a million times easier to make the Alive word melt down. But part of tomorrow is going to be me sleeping in so no promises.

Shelby out.

No comments:

Post a Comment